We’re excited to release version 1.8 of our iOS app to the App Store. Our focus this round was on performance improvements (especially for larger groups). The previous app was painfully slow for any group that had more than a hundred users or so and we hope this update helps bring it more on par with the performance enjoyed by much smaller groups. Release notes below:
- Improvement: Support for iPhone 5
- Improvement: Greatly enhanced performance during app load and reconnection
- Improvement: Notifications will be triggered as soon as the app is put in the background
- Improvement: The lobby will now show the search bar by default (like the Contact app now does)
- Improvement: Display active chats tab by default
- Improvement: Active chats list will now mimic the order show in the desktop and web clients
- Bug fix: Correctly focus chats when opening the app from a push notification
Download it and let us know what you think! Comments and suggestions are welcome as always – just head on over to our help site.
If you’re interested in learning more about the details of how we went about making performance gains, check out our blog post about it.