When we launched 3 months ago it became clear what people wanted: more ways to access HipChat! Getting your software to run an increasingly long list of platforms (we’re looking at you, iPad) is both exciting and frustrating. We take user experience very seriously and want you to enjoy using HipChat no matter where you are or what device you’re using.
Applying those standards, we’re excited to give you these new ways to use HipChat.
Web version of HipChat
- Web chat runs on Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer 7+.
- It has been optimized for iPhone and Android phones (we know native apps are a must-have, but hopefully this can tide you over until those are released).
- There are a few admin features missing that will be added in coming weeks.
- Sign in and use it here: https://www.hipchat.com/chat.
Messaging via SMS
- You can send and receive one-on-one chat messages on any phone when you’re not signed into the desktop app or web chat.
- The number of SMSs you have is determined by the plan you’re on. Per month you’ll get 75 SMS on the Plus plan, 150 on Premium, and 300 on Ultimate. We’re still working on the pricing and plans of SMS so please give us your feedback.
- You can hook it up SMS messaging here: http://www.hipchat.com/account/mobile.